About Us

My photo
So, as sophomores in college we decided to undertake the seemingly impossible... run a marathon as a full-time college student! Hello everyone, we are Mary and Dana and we decided that in order to remain focused on our goal of running a marathon, we should keep track of our training and share our endeavors to constantly remind ourselves...why are we doing this again?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ten Mile Race?

it's been a while since we've posted... and since then we have come to steadily increase our mileage and successfully complete many long early morning runs. This weekend for us marks the first big race, and for me (dana) the first time that I will ever run ten miles. The thought, at this point is somewhat daunting. However, I am fully confident that at this point we are physically in shape and prepared.

Taper week.... aka the week before the big race has been difficult, we are cutting our mileage to rest our legs, but it is not as easy as it sounds. It is in my nature to be nervous for the race, but I have come to realize that resting this week will only benefit me on sunday morning when we take the starting line. Watching the boston marathon this past monday reinvigorated me and inspired me to complete this race sunday to the best of my ability.

Marathon dreams... are still present, in fact when we are at the race sunday we will be talking to a friend who ran the marine corps marathon this past fall. Hopefully, she will give us words of encouragement to continue our training and ideally, compete in the marathon this fall.

wish us luck,

M & D

No comments:

Post a Comment